Friday, February 19, 2010

Morning Wood

So, Tiger Woods finally emerged from the woodwork this morning to issue a formal apology. Please help me understand this. I mean, why is he apologizing to the public? Does his bimbo banging really have any effect on anyone outside of his immediate family? Personally, I couldn’t care less.

Tiger’s initial excuse when he got busted was that he’s addicted to sex. Here’s something else that I don’t understand. Ever since the days of Fred Flintstone, guys have been quite fond of sex. Heck, there are even some women who like it too! It’s natural. So what’s the point of sex therapy? Do they drain your testosterone and train you to be a hairdresser? What’s next, Boobies Anonymous?

Hey look, I’m not defending Tiger Woods. He’s a married man and he shouldn’t have been running around with all of these women. I think that everyone would agree with that. But again, it’s between him and his wife. And not that it matters, but Tiger’s wife is smokin’ hot! Why would he run on her in the first place?

And let’s not forget that Tiger’s merely a golfer. Why all of the media coverage? It’s not like he’s the President of the United States. When Bill Clinton was getting his Slick Willy smoked by Monica Lewinsky, I could sort of understand all of the media coverage. It’s big news when the most powerful man in the world settles for a chubby intern. Hey, at least Kennedy went for Marilyn Monroe!

Ok, I’m getting a little off track here……

The point I’m trying to make is that what’s happening here is a personal matter for Tiger and his wife. No doubt, he let his family down and will likely have to pay for it for a long time. But I don’t think it should affect his eligibility to play golf in the future. I mean, is it any worse than the conduct of many of the players in the NFL? Ray Lewis was involved in a double murder but fans quickly overlooked it. In fact, Ray is adored in Baltimore.

Like I said before, I really don’t care about Tiger’s situation one way or another. I’m just amazed at how much attention it continues to generate......

KW

No comments:

Post a Comment