Monday, March 14, 2011

One Big Slumber Party

Can someone explain to me what's up with people wearing their pajamas in public? Have people become so lazy that it's just too much effort for them to change into some real clothes before they go out? Sure, I expect to see this type of thing at Walmart. But I'm seeing it everywhere these days....

I saw a teenage girl in the mall this weekend. Not only was she sporting her plaid flannel pajamas, but she had on a pair of furry slippers to boot! Back in the day, high school girls would spend three hours primping before they even thought about going out into public. They wouldn't have been caught dead wearing pajamas to a shopping mall. But today, the underachieving, just-woke-up look is the new fashion trend.

And it's not just the young girls who are sporting the Jerry Springer look. I was driving through West Baltimore last week and saw a middle aged woman standing at a bus stop. As I got closer, I noticed that she was wearing a pair of Scooby-Doo pajamas. Yes, that's right, Scooby-freggin'-Doo! The woman looked utterly ridiculous yapping on her cell phone near Security Boulevard in her juvenile sleepwear. With my window slightly cracked, I could hear her as she dropped multiple f-bombs to the caller to the other end. This made the whole thing seem a bit surreal. I just shook my head and giggled as I thought to myself,"What would Scooby Do?"

All things considered, I guess wearing pajamas is better than the "pants on the ground" look. Maybe it's better to look lazy than foolish?

I don't know, maybe I'm showing my age. But I think you should give the impression that you at least care a little about your appearance. I say leave the pajamas at home. And if you absolutely must wear them out in public, try to limit them to Walmart....

KW

No comments:

Post a Comment