Saturday, January 31, 2015

Why I'm Not Looking Forward To Super Bowl XLIX

As the Patriots and Seahawks prepare to play in Super Bowl XLIX next Sunday, I'm preparing to make alternate plans. Aside from my football pools, I have very little interest in this years game. I don't like either team. And since it's not possible for both of them to lose, I'm having a hard time getting excited. If you forced me to pick a team to root for, I would reluctantly have to go with Seattle only because I despise the Patriots so much.

Over the past week or so, we've been hearing a lot about "deflated balls". It's kind of funny that a few under-inflated footballs could garner so much attention. Did the Patriots really alter the air pressure of the footballs in the AFC Championship game in order to gain a "competitive advantage"? Probably. I believe Bill Belichick would throw his mother down a flight of stairs to win a game. So, it's not really surprising that he would tweak the psi on the pigskin. But who knows? The bottom line is that the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl whether they cheated or not.



As for "Deflate-gate", there is speculation that other teams have resorted to these type of tactics. I don't doubt that. However, the Patriots (allegedly) got caught this time, so they deserve their spot on the hot seat.

By the way, do you think Bill Belichick will comb his hair and wear a decent shirt to the Super Bowl this year? I personally think that his "vagabond look" has run it's course. He looks like the guy on the cover of "Aqualung".

Nonetheless, if the Patriots go on to win another Lombardi Trophy, it's going to be hard to stomach. We'll hear about the dynasty, the legacy, how Tom Brady is the best ever, blah, blah, blah. Sure, they're good. But I don't really want to hear about it.

And on the other hand, if the Seahawks win, we'll have to hear about how everyone doubted them early in the season. And we'll likely hear about how they believed in themselves and ultimately rose up, in a Christ-like way, to seize the NFL's most coveted prize. Yes, it will be nauseating.....


Really???

And, on top of all that, we'll probably have to listen to Marshawn Lynch give another one of his asinine press conferences where "he's only there because he doesn't want to get fined by the NFL".

And since I busted on Bill Belichick's wardrobe choices, I think it's only fair to say that the Seahawks probably have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. I'm no fashion expert, but I'm pretty sure that royal blue and lime green don't play nice together. It's enough to give you a migraine!

Speaking of wardrobe's, maybe Katy Perry's will have a "malfunction" during the halftime show. That might be something actually worth watching.

Yes, I will likely wind up tuning into the game. But it ain't gonna to be easy. I sure hope that there's plenty of beer available. God knows, I'm going to need it.....

kw

No comments:

Post a Comment