Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Day of Giving Thanks - 2013

Thanksgiving is a time when we should give thanks and appreciation for all that is important in our lives. Whether it's family, friends or just the fact that we've made it to another day, there are certainly many things worthy of our appreciation.

There are mornings where I wake up and wonder what I ever did to deserve such a good life. I've got everything I ever wanted. As crazy as it sounds, I sometimes feel a little guilty about it. And although material things can certainly be nice, they have very little to do with it. A new car or a piece of jewelry might make you feel happy for a short time. But true happiness must come from within and it's the people in your life that bring it to the surface. Money doesn't make you nearly as rich as surrounding yourself with positive people.

Today, I am thankful for my family. Although we often get busy with our personal lives and maybe don't see each other as often as we'd like to, we know that we can always count on one another. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know.

I am also thankful for all of the good friends that have been a part of my life over the years. You have all touched me in some way and I am very grateful. One of my all-time favorite movies, "It's A Wonderful Life", pretty much sums it up for me. Without family and close friends, we are nothing. At the end of the classic movie, George Bailey's brother proposes a toast and says, "To my big brother George, the richest man in town." From the first time I saw the movie, I wanted to be "George".

Additionally, I am thankful beyond words that I wake up every day in the United States of America. I give thanks to all of the veterans who have provided the freedom that has made my wonderful life possible. I'd especially like to thank our troops around the world who can't be with their family and friends today. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Wishing all of you a safe, happy and memorable Thanksgiving.....

kw

No comments:

Post a Comment