Saturday, June 11, 2016

Nuggets of Laughter

This morning, I roll out of bed around 6:30. As my feet hit the floor, I give my eyes one last rub for good measure. Thoughts of coffee float through my mind as move out of the bedroom and into the hallway. I turn the corner and make my way towards the stairs when my bare foot comes down on something soft and gooey. Still half asleep, I tried to comprehend it as best I could.

And then a light bulb went off......it was a cat "nugget" that was left behind by one of Tina's cats!

Realizing what just happened, I felt the need to lift my foot so I could survey the damage. Sure enough, what looked like a flattened Tootsie Roll was stuck to the arch of my right foot. Impulsively, I let out barrage of profanity. Although the profanity was heartfelt and genuine, it also served as a wake-up call for Tina. I certainly wasn't going to go through this alone. Right on cue, I hear Tina rustling and then she asks, "What going on out there?"

Knowing that a picture is worth a thousand words, I decide to make my way back into the bedroom. Using only my heel to make contact with the floor, I hobble back into the bedroom. Almost falling over in the process, I lift my foot up as high as I can. Displaying the trophy in all it's glory, I reply to Tina by saying, "This is what's going on. See anything wrong with this picture?"

Instead of consoling me with compassion, Tina starts laughing. Actually, she starts laughing so hard that she almost falls out of the bed. Meanwhile, while she's enjoying the early morning comedy, I'm standing on one foot looking dazed and confused.

"Why is this so funny to you?", I ask.

Struggling to get her words out through the laughter, she says, "You crack me up!"

I try to explain that this is no laughing matter. But this only causes her to laugh even harder. While I'm glad that I can be the source of Saturday morning entertainment, it doesn't change the fact that I've got a cat turd stuck to the bottom of my foot. I limp over to the laundry room where I scrape the crap (literally) off my foot and into the litter box. Meanwhile, the cat's staring at me like I'm somehow crossing the line. Tina sees what's going on and then starts to practically hyperventilate. I just shake my head.

Welcome to my world, folks!

kw

No comments:

Post a Comment