Sunday, December 5, 2010

Who's To Blame?

So, here we are on the brink of the busiest travel season of the year. The airports are always expected to be crowded but I don't think anyone will be prepared for the lines they'll experience this year. With all of the extra "security" measures, the patience of airline passengers will be tested like never before.

With all of the controversy over full body scans and getting felt up by TSA agents, it's easy to understand the people's frustration. How did getting from point A to point B become so complicated? Remember the good ol' days when you could arrive at the airport an hour before your flight and still have plenty of time to spare?

I've got trip coming up in a few weeks. And even though it's about 500 miles from my home, I'm considering driving. I figure it might take me less time to drive than go through all of the bullshit at the airports.

So, who's responsible for this snafu? Sure, it's really easy to direct our anger at the TSA agents. In my opinion, many of them are unprofessional and lack the necessary job skills to perform their duties. Not to mention, they can also be cold and unfriendly. However, to be fair, they're not the ones who perpetrated this whole security fiasco. They're only doing what they told to do.

Of course, it's not politically correct to say it, but radical Muslims are to blame. They hate everything about America. they will continue to work hard at creating havoc in our society. But somehow, we're supposed to pretend that this really isn't the case. Instead of viewing Muslim extremists as the enemy, we're supposed to "try to understand them". I've said it before, I learned everything that I need to know about radical Islam on September 11. Don't insult my intelligence by asking me to understand or tolerate an enemy who wants to kill me.

So, instead of using common sense tactics like Israel does, the US will continue with the politically correct dog and pony shows. And with all of the virtual strip searches and intrusive pat-downs, has any potential terrorist plots been uncovered? Do you really feel any safer watching a TSA agent frisk a five-year old like he was a West Baltimore drug suspect?

There seems to be a distinct characteristic pattern with the people who want to blow us up. I don't know why it's so taboo to come out and say it!

KW

No comments:

Post a Comment