Friday, April 29, 2011

The Contentious Birth Certificate

So, after all this time (and a little badgering from Donald Trump), President Obama finally produced what appears to be a his legitimate birth certificate. For argument's sake, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that the Hawaiian birth certificate is indeed the real deal. So, why did it take all of this time to reveal it? Why didn't he just produce it when all of his opponents (including some Democrats) were asking for it? What was he hiding?

I can only assume that there's political purpose for the timing of all of this. Maybe it's to temporarily take the focus off of the rising fuel prices and faltering economy. Who knows? But here's what I do know. When I was a kid, I had to bring my birth certificate with me when I went to the local movie theater. You see, they wanted me to pay the adult prices (13 years and over) when I was only eleven or twelve. I know it's not exactly the same thing. But, why is that an eleven year old has to show his birth certificate to see "Jaws" but a controversial adult who wants to become President of the United States doesn't?

Shortly after his birth certificate was released, Obama made a public statement basically saying that "We don't have time for this silliness." Attempting to show the country that he was serious, President Obama rounded up the First Lady and promptly left the press conference to fly out to Chicago for an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show. (He also had to three fundraisers to attend afterwards.) You would have thought he could have at least mentioned the new appointees for the Secretary of Defense (Leon Panetta) and director of the CIA (Gen. David Petraeus). But I guess that would just be downright silly.

There are still many doubters of the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate. And there are those who will now focus on the point that Obama's father was not a US citizen at the time of the future President's birth. Personally, the whole birth certificate controversy doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fifty-three percent of American voters who elected a President with no leadership experience!

 Of course, now Obama will be pressured to release his school transcripts and medical records. Again, why not lay it all on the table to shut the critics up? The secrecy only builds more speculation. The longer it lingers, the worse it looks. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but what exactly doesn't Obama want us to know?? I mean, could it possibly be any worse than attending a racist church for twenty years and hanging out with domestic terrorists? I'm almost afraid to ask......


KW

No comments:

Post a Comment