Sunday, November 1, 2009

Football Interviews

I love watching NFL football. But I never quite understood the interviews before and after the game. Do they really tell us anything we don’t already know?

Hours before the big game, there are countless interviews of the coaches and star players. The reporters will ask brilliant questions like: “What do you have to do to win today?” And then the responses will be things like: “Well, we have to go out and play hard. We have to play as a team. We have to prevent the other team from scoring. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…….” It drives me nuts!

I’ve even heard some reporters ask the question: “Do you think you’ll win today?” For once, I’d love to hear someone respond with, “Well, to be perfectly honest with you, I think we’re going to get the living shit kicked out of us today.”

And after the game, we’re forced to hear hours of the same ol’ bullshit….

For instance, the winning quarterback will usually say something like, “We came out to play today. We were ready. We gave it 110 percent. In the end, we put more points on the board and as a result, we were victorious.”

Hmmm…….. you scored more points than the other team? And won? That’s f*cking amazing! Thanks so much for enlightening us!

When asking a receiver about his winning touchdown catch, we’ll hear something like, “From the time the ball left the QB’s hands. I could tell it was coming my way. I guess you could say I anticipated it. Yeah, you can quote me on that, I anticipated it! And anticipation resulted in a victorious score for me and my teammates today!”

WTF????

And what’s up with all of the athletes thanking God? At the post-game interview, the first thing they’ll say is, “First and foremost, I’d like to thank God.” After spending three hours of trying to decapitate the guys on the other team, all of a sudden they become religious. Call me crazy, but I think God has more important things to do than worry about the outcome of a football game.

I dunno, maybe instead of all the bullshit interviews, they could make some better use of the time by showing some Seinfeld reruns? Just a suggestion…

KW

No comments:

Post a Comment