Friday, July 3, 2009

Smart Cars

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Coming out of a gopher hole near you.......

Has anyone seen these new Smart Cars? The first time I saw one on the road, I thought some spoiled 10 year old was showboating his new Christmas toy. When I got closer to the car, I was astonished to see a grown man driving. I felt like I had entered the Twilight Zone.

At any moment, I was waiting for a group of clowns to climb out! What the hell! As the Smart Car puttered down the road, I could see adjacent drivers doing double takes and saying things like, "Holy Shit! What the f*ck is THAT???" It was kind of like someone running naked across a crowded football field. People took notice!

Can you imagine pulling this thing up to a gathering of your buddies with pick-up trucks, Harley's and sports cars? The ball breaking would never end! Gas efficient cars might be the rage, but real men like balls under the hood (aka horsepower).

I have to question why they call these things Smart Cars in the first place. I mean, is it really that smart to cause fellow drivers to double over with laughter when they pass your pathetic ass. This could be dangerous!

But on a positive note, finding a parking space should never be a problem. Actually, you could probably throw this thing in a backpack and take it with you!

KW

No comments:

Post a Comment